Printers are the most common gadget when it comes to today’s work culture. When you look at every industry around you, you will realize printer is very important.
Many companies are there in the market that manufacture printers, but the best of them is the Brother printer. The Brother company is leading in the market when it comes to printers.
Brother printers are one of the most common printers used all over the world. They are used in both work and home offices. The features of this printer include clear printing, advanced technology, ease of operation, simple services, and many more
A CD and installation manual always come along with a new Brother printer. While the printer comes with everything you need, you still need to install the printer’s driver on your computer.
Some people find it difficult to use the CD-ROM for installation and many of today’s sleek computer models don’t have a CD-ROM drive at all. And some lost the CD.
If you lost your CD, the first question that comes to your mind is how to install a Brother printer without a CD. but do not panic, because we have all the solutions you need.
Most of the computers and laptops that are manufactured nowadays do not always have a CD-Rom. And you will need to find help from another method if you want to install it.
Even if you are installing an existing printer on a new computer but you no longer have the CD-ROM, you do not have to worry about anything because you can still install the Brother printer driver without a CD.
Printer manufacturers like Brother know people will misplace or disregard the CDs that ship with their printers, this is why they provide all drivers and installation software available to customers on their websites.
Installing a printer with CD is not often complicated like people think. The Brother printer manufacturer has provided software you can use to achieve this process.
Though you can download the process through other sources it is highly recommended to always go to the manufacturer’s website. In this article, we will discuss in detail how you can install a printer without a CD. Read on.
Read How To Install Brother Printer Without CD?
How to install Brother printer wirelessly
This is feasible. You only need to make sure your Brother printer allows you to connect to the wireless network. You can also connect your Brother printer to the Wi-Fi manually or automatically.
1. How to Connect Manually
Go to your Brother printer control panel, go to wireless settings and open it. Then enter your Wi-Fi name and password.
2. How to Connect Automatically
Connecting your Brother printer to the Wi-Fi automatically is very simple when compared to the manual process. But this process can only be achieved when a Wi-Fi Protected Setup button is both on your printer and router.
The WPS is often used to connect the router with other devices. If they both have the WPS button, then you can proceed to the connection. The steps are listed below:
- Press the WPS button on your Brother printer.
- Keep your Brother printer closer to your router so that it can be in the range of the Wi-Fi connection.
- Press the WPS button on your router.
- Wait for two minutes and your Brother Printer will be connected to the Wi-Fi.
Here are steps to install your Brother printer without a CD
1. Configure the printer to your network
These days, most of the printers are often on a wireless network. And they are working with multiple computers or devices that simply don’t plug into the printer.
And the printer is not always hard-wired into the wireless router. Configuring the Brother printer to your network is very important for proper functioning.
First, you need to gather the wireless network information, which includes the network name and passwords. The network name is also referred to as the SSID. Passwords are sometimes referred to as network keys or encryption keys.
This information is located on a sticker at the base of the wireless router. You will also need a USB cable for the installation process and after getting all the information go through the step one after the other.
- Connect the Brother printer to power but do not connect the USB cable yet.
- Turn on your computer if it isn’t already on.
- You should already have installed the printer drivers.
- Open the printer network driver and select the configure option
- Choosing the “Brother Peer-to-Peer Network.
- Connect the USB cable to the printer and computer.
- The prompts will ask to change the firewall settings and potentially make adjustments to the antivirus software.
- These changes are needed to give the printer access to the network. Be sure to select “Wireless Setup” to ensure the printer will work over the network rather than the USB hard wire.
- The driver setup should recognize your network, select it and follow the remaining prompts for setup. Unplug the USB and test the setup.
2. Search for the driver in the Brother printer support center
Brother has a comprehensive support center website with driver downloads for most of its printers. You just need to find the model number of your printer before you start the process. The steps are listed below
- Search the support center and locate the exact model.
- The site provides instructions specifically for your printer.
- It will first ask if you the type of driver you need.
- Select your driver option.
- The driver usually downloads into your computer’s “Downloads” folder, you will need to open it and move it to the “Printers” folder.
- The setup file will keep you moving to the next step, just know that the “Printers” folder is in the Control Panel on the hard drive of your system.
- If the driver doesn’t make it there initially, the printer and computer might have trouble finding each other, even though the drivers are installed.
- Drag-and-drop it into the right location if needed
3. Installing with a USB cable
You can also install your printer without Cd by using your USB cable. You just have to find the cable that matches both your printer and computer.
The caples often come with your printer and if you don’t have one, you can go and purchase a new one and start the process. The steps are listed below.
- You need to first plug in your printer and switch it on
- Then insert the USB cable in your computer and printer jack
- Click on the start button on your computer
- Select devices and printer
- You will see an option of “Add a printer” on your computer. Click on it.
- It will bring a search option. Click on it to locate your printer.
- Your printer name and instructions for connecting will appear on the screen.
- Follow the instruction and your printer will be ready to be used.
4. Installing with online software
You need access to the internet to carry out this type of installation. This will also help to access the Brother printer to download software that supports your print. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Switch on your computer system and open your working browser
- Go to the search bar and enter the Brother printer official website
- Search for your printer model and click on download.
- Download it as soon as the downloading link papers.
- Wait for a while for it to finish downloading
- Click on the setup files to start the installation process after it finishes downloading
- Wait for a while to finish the installation.
- After the installation, your printer will be ready to be used.
The bottom line
This step will guide you when installing your Brother printer without a CD. if you are still facing any difficulties after trying all the steps listed above, then you need to consult our professional technicians for help. They will help you solve the issue and your printer will be ready for use.
Also Read: How to Connect Brother Printer to Mobile