Substance abuse is a medical word that refers to a pattern of using a substance (drug) that results in serious issues or distress. Missing the work or maybe school, or then using the chemical in some of the harmful conditions, like during driving a car, etc. It could lead to legal troubles as a result of substance abuse, or it could lead to persistent substance abuse that disrupts friendships, family relationships, or both. People have various queries for soma 350mg tablet as this helps in pain reduction.
Substance abuse is defined as the misuse of illegal substances such as marijuana, heroin, cocaine, or methamphetamine as a recognized medical brain problem. It is also termed the misuse of legal substances that include alcohol, nicotine, or prescribed medications. One of the most common drugs that are legal but are still abused is alcohol. Moreover, Soma 350mg tablet is the type of drug which is used for pain issues caused by various reasons.
Substance (drug) dependence
Substance dependence is generally the medical term that is basically used to describe the abuse of various drugs or maybe alcohol that continues even when significant problems related to their use have developed. Signs of dependence include:
- Increased amounts of the drugs.
- Decreasing or stopping the usage of the drug that you find difficult to quit
- Withdrawing from social and recreational activities
- Continual usage of the drug. Even if you are aware of the physical, psychological, and family or social problems that are generally caused by the ongoing drug abuse.
The substances that are mostly abused are:
- Prescription medicines which include pain pills, stimulants, or anxiety pills
Drug abuse Symptoms
There are various symptoms of drug abuse that are seen in different people. Some of these are:
- Having larger amounts than planned.
- Unsuccessfully trying to control the use of drugs.
- Spending a lot of time using, or recovering from the use of drugs.
- Strong desire to use drugs.
- Drug usage usually interferes with work, school, or other duties.
- Giving up or even reducing activities because of drug usage.
How is drug abuse or dependence diagnosed?
It is seen that generally a family doctor, psychiatrist, or a qualified mental health professional usually diagnoses the substance abuse. Clinical findings are often dependent on the substance that is abused, the frequency of its usage, and the length of time for which it is used. Some of the common factors that diagnose the drug are:
- Weight Loss
- Consistent fatigue
- Red eyes
- Hygiene Concerns
- Various lab abnormalities
- Unexpected abnormality related to heart rate or blood pressure
- Depression, anxiety, or sleep problems
Treatment for drug abuse or dependence
Specific treatment for drug abuse or dependence is required which is defined by the doctor.
- Overall health
- Health history
- The extent of the symptoms
- The extent of the dependence
- Type of substance that is abused
- Tolerance for the specific medicines, procedures, or therapies
- Expectations for the course of the condition
- Preferences, etc.
Also Check: 10 Negative Effects of Social Media