With technological advancements in India, online education has come a long way. India is developing at an accelerating rate in terms of innovation. With over 1.3 billion people, high-speed internet, and smartphones, it is the second-most populous country globally, and India has by far the most technologically sophisticated population. The internet’s rise has changed the Indian way of life.
Shopping, doing business, making friends, and learning are all things that people like to do online. While eCommerce is the essential aspect of the internet, online education and learning are not far behind. With the ever-increasing amount of knowledge available on the internet and the plethora of online courses available, many in India prefer to learn online. Online education enables people to remember things that are outside of the usual. A learner gets access to an infinite array of topics and global professionals in niche fields, which would otherwise be unreachable for many.
With the spread of COVID-19 in India, online education has trickled down to the most fundamental levels of education: schools and universities! Online education has moved from an optional to the only form of learning during this phase.
Is Internet education as viable as Traditional education?
The difference between virtual and conventional learning is flexibility and physical presence, which is as safe as regular learning and ensures excellent education. The rest of the situation remains unchanged.
Students can earn their degree or diploma in various courses, each with its own set of benefits.
Online learning is the future of education in India.
1. Accessibility: One can study or teach from anywhere globally with online education. This eliminates the travel and lodging expenses or adheres to a strict timetable. Furthermore, you can save time and money, which you may use for other objectives. The virtual classrooms are accessible from any place with an internet connection, so even while travelling, one can use the time during the journey. If you’re studying overseas and looking for a career, for example, online education is a terrific option.
2. Flexibility and Budget-friendly – Online education allows the teacher and the student to establish their learning speed and create a pattern that works for everyone. As a result, an online educational platform provides a better work-study balance. A commonly shared agenda between the student and the teacher might encourage both parties to take on additional tasks and practice more independence. As online courses are presented entirely digitally, there is no need to spend on maintaining and managing a physical educational institution.
3. Numerous programs- People’s perceptions have shifted with time, even though online learning was not a popular concept a few years ago. Today, reputable universities and colleges have certified online learning establishments at various levels and disciplines across the country.
There are endless skills and subjects to teach and learn in an environment as broad and diverse as the internet. As a result, students can pick from a wide choice of specializations, ranging from traditional courses (Languages, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, and so on) to cutting-edge topics (Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Cybersecurity, Cloud Computing, etc.). Multiple techniques and courses suit every type of learner, from a music composer to an expert in quantum physics. Also, studying for your program online is the most innovative way to earn an official certificate, diploma, or degree from learning in your comfort zone.
4. Quality education – With an online degree, students can learn from highly experienced instructors, and in some cases, highly qualified foreign faculty. Individuals would study through live seminars, videos, and projects that would assist them in quickly understanding complex ideas. Reputable online courses provide dedicated supervision to ensure that you may clear your doubts promptly and without wasting time. Online learning becomes more comprehensive and participatory with live lectures and videos. Not to forget, students have access to legitimate learning resources such as case studies, whitepapers, etc.
5. Long-term Benefits – Unlike courses offered in schools, online learning allows students to save necessary expenses on travelling, hostels, study materials etc. Students can also review old or missed lectures ensuring they never miss any topic. Online degrees will encourage even greater class involvement. According to a National Institute of Mental Health survey, 74% of students experience speech anxiety and find offline interaction daunting. A student in online mode just has to interact through a device without hesitation.
This is also an excellent opportunity for working professionals to improve their education or upskill themselves. Typically, classroom courses are a one-time learning experience in which you must familiarize yourself with the whole batch of students’ study flow. There’s very little room to halt, review, or repeat any concept to meet your specific requests – everything must be completed within the program’s time constraints. On the other hand, online learning allows you to learn and advance at your own pace. You can plan individual learning sessions with instructors to clear up any doubts you may have.
Employer-sponsored and work-integrated degree programmes are now possible under this online learning, among other innovative degree programs. With the epidemic still lurking, online education will keep the flow going and allow people to learn in a safe and comfortable environment.
Both freshmen and working professionals can benefit from online courses. There are several MTech programs for working professionals online in India, allowing graduates to pursue MTech while working. Here are some top master degree courses for Mtech:
- MTech for Working Professionals at IIIT Kottayam
- MTech (Working Professionals) at IIIT Bangalore
- Online ME/MTech Courses at Indian Institute of Industry Interaction Education and Research (IIIIER)
- MTech Software Systems for Working Professionals at BITS Pilani
- MTech (Web-Enabled) by Centre for Continuing Education (CCE)
Some Best PG course choices are PG Diploma in Machine learning and AI, PG Diploma in Data Science, Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), PG Program in Management (PGPM), PG Certification in Front-End development, PG Certification in Big Data, PG Certification in Cybersecurity, PG Diploma in Full Stack Development, PG Diploma in Cloud Computing and many more.
Online degrees are becoming prominent. Students are choosing online programs over traditional degree programs as academic institutions around the country adapt to a post-pandemic environment. Online programs offer a series of benefits and reliability over conventional degree courses. Working professionals who aspire to acquire new skills but cannot compromise with their jobs and family obligations can choose online programs to gain expertise and advance in their respective fields.
You certainly know how online degrees can benefit you by having an extra edge in your profession. Online classes can help you climb the promotional ladder significantly faster if you put in your best efforts and dedication to learning. An online degree would surely help you transition into a new sector or pursue senior responsibilities in your current industry, whether you wish to migrate into a new sector or pursue senior roles in your current industry.
Also read: 10 Negative Effects of Social Media